Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Vomit

  I hate throwing-up.  Vomit is not fun.  I have a nasty symptom of chronic pain to share with you.  Real pain makes you nauseous.
  I've spent all day today fighting back the urge to empty my stomach, and as the pain gets worse the nausea gets worse.  Last night a spent an hour praying to the porcelain god; praying to just vomit and get it over with.
  Anyone have a good cure for pain induced nausea?  Mind you that smoking a joint is out of the question because I can't afford to lose my veteran's medical benefits...

  Last Thursday I joined the Marine Corps League.  What a long, painful ordeal.  It was worth every bit of pain though.  It's nice to be surrounded with people who live their lives like I do; like we never left the corps.  It was overwhelming to hear everyone offering to help their brother out.  Why didn't I do this a long time ago?  I'm not sure, but I do know that I've gotten into a huge network and have some major players helping me out now.  I'm starting to believe that it's just a matter of time before I finally have the support I need to keep my family moving forward.
  I started to work on a new song, but I'm having trouble lately just holding a guitar.  Yesterday I played for about an hour or so, and today I tear up if I try to put anything on my thigh.  Perhaps tomorrow will grace me with a reprieve so I can get some more work done on my recording.
  I posted my song up on YouTube.  I thought that if people shared it that it may take off and get into the ears of someone who could help me earn my keep through song writing.  It's only had 6 views.  You can take a listen HERE.  Please leave a comment to let me know you where there.  And if you appreciate the work please take the time to share the link with others.
  Tonight I'm going to start writing.  I'm not sure what, but I'm starting tonight.  I've been failing as a musician, failing as an artist, so now I'll see how well I bomb at being a writer.
  Thanks for reading, and I'll be back tomorrow with more!

3 comments:

  1. I would rather fail at doing something than not do it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fail has such a negative feeling to me. I don't see it as failure. I agree with Jhon that you at least tried. A quote by Robbie Benson from the 80's movie Ice Castles (wow am I dating myself LOL). "not trying is wondering your whole life if you gave up too soon"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess Yoda has been hiding somewhere in my soul...

    "Do, or do not. There is no try."

    ReplyDelete