Thursday, October 21, 2010

Unavoidable Nostalgia

I game to help alleviate my pain.  It gets me focused and helps me put my present situation into a fog.  I just traded a bunch of my old games for a new one that came out.  Every time I try to play it I have flash backs to when everything started, and I'm having a hard time playing it.  It's frustrating because it really is a great game, but the unavoidable nostalgia makes my eyes water and my soul swim in a not so nice pool of pity.
I've got a terrible headache.  That makes gaming not so fun either.  The current theory behind my headaches is that my body is trying so hard to fight against my pain that it's causing an undue level of stress that creeps up my back, over the top of my head, and nestles in behind my eyes.
At least I have a good excuse to get my wife to rub my shoulders.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. safe to say that you could indeed use another excuse - I would get a different game. A few of my favorite songs make me flash back and I have had to accept that I cannot listen to them for awhile. Even one that I wrote which really sucks as it is a really good tune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, because there are songs that I wrote and can't listen to because they're just terrible. So I laugh, but I'm not sure how I would feel if I couldn't handle listening to one of my songs that was good...

    ReplyDelete