Friday, October 8, 2010

From Mayors to Kings

I've spent the last 2 hours on the phone talking to representatives out of 5 different government offices.  Either they gave me a new number to call, or they simply turned me away.
The Crystal Lake Mayor's office didn't want to discuss anything they could do, and before I had finished telling them the extent of the situation they fed me two phone numbers for 'local' senators.  Both numbers went straight to voicemail and I haven't received a return call yet.
I tried to get through to the VA representative at the office of employment.  The number has been busy for the last two hours.
Next I tried to reach the mayor.  The individual there claimed that he would 'take down my support/complaint' to forward to the mayor.  He didn't take my name of phone number, so I'm assuming this will be lumped in with all of the other legitimate complaints that will be discarded and ignored.  After trying to make me feel like he was actually taking my situation seriously he pawned me off on to their VA liaison who wasn't in his office.  His voicemail didn't work and I have no means of calling him direct, though I'm not sure why I would.  If he's a member of the VA he's not going to side with me over his employer.
I tried to contact the two local senators again.  Still straight to voicemail.  Employment office is still busy.
Next I contacted Senator Dick Durbin where I was asked to leave a message.  Still no call back from there, although I expect to hear back simply based on the level of concern I heard in the voice of the person I was talking to.  That individual also told me he would be sending an email to the contact.  I have some high hopes about this one, but I'm sure they're going to be dashed somehow.
Next I contacted my attorney who just called me back.  They weren't able to discuss my VA case without having the documentation in hand.  I agree that's for the best.  So now I'm on the hunt for some form of transportation to get this paperwork faxed.
Things are tough when you can't drive...
In all, from mayors to kings, no entity that I've contacted has any power over the agencies involved...

No comments:

Post a Comment