Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Rock in the Pond

When injustices struck at my family and I, rage was all I could muster.  I yelled, fumed, and worked myself into more pain than I needed.  Now I'm no longer raging, but directing my energies to bringing positive change.
A few months ago I tossed a small rock into a big pond.  Yesterday, and today, I finally saw the ripples the rock caused.  I was privileged to speak, personally, with State Senator Althoff.  I was able to share my proposed changes with her.  As of now it looks as if she'll be working on putting together Illinois representatives in an attempt to fix the problems that have plagued my life.  Together, with Congressman Manzullo, Senator Durbin, and others, I believe we'll actually be able to put something together to be presented and possibly passed into law!  It may be wishful thinking, but dreams are what built this nation, and dreams will change it.

On a side note...  It's already the second day of the month and I haven't written a single word for my proposed novel.  I should really find a method to discipline myself.

Today, while out on a brief trip with my family, a woman looked me in the eyes and said "Thank you."  I was wearing my U.S.M.C. sweatshirt, and I was speechless.  All I could do was nod to her.  I hope she understood...

2 comments:

  1. That's terrific Kevin! Congratulations. Good luck getting to work on the novel too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news is that every day you can recommit yourself to writing your novel. Maybe you have to go beyond November to complete it. No one says NaNoWriMo challenges have to stay in November. You can challenge yourself and rechallenge yourself as your pain and situation allows.

    ReplyDelete