Monday, November 29, 2010

One Step Closer

  I feel like I'm one small step closer in my quest to change the bureaucracies that govern veterans lives.  Sometime this week I'm expecting to be interviewed by a large, Chicago based, newspaper.  With the simple possibility of my story being told, politicians are scrambling to do what they can.  They know I'm not afraid to drop bombs.
  I finally got the 'OK' to bring in pamphlets to North Chicago.  The fliers detail the workings of an RSD support group that could be a positive influence in veterans' lives when they're suffering through this pain.  I had called a couple weeks ago, waited for a phone call back that never came.  I called again and was given the run around.  The third time I called I simply stated, "It has come to my attention that you do not want to offer the best of services to the veterans seeking medical attention at your facility."  Within seconds a stammering woman informed me that they would be happy to have the fliers on hand to give to patients with RSD.
  Today I'm going to call some of the auto makers who received bail out money.  I'm going to ask if they'd bail me out of my auto loan.  Who knows, maybe they'll pass along some of the charity.
  I really hate doing things like this.  Calling and asking for help, getting food and the such from charities.  I don't want to be a 'charity case'.  I'm at my imaginations end though, and I'm not sure what else I can do.
  Until next time, thanks for reading!
  Kev

4 comments:

  1. I know you hate doing this...but what you do now might save 1000's of vets the pain and suffering you have gone through. It can be a cold comfort, but what a legacy of help. Kevin, keep up the fight and my hope and prayer is that not only do you get the justice you deserve, but you also get more than you could possibly dream! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all of this Kevin, we can talk about it tomorrow while blasting lead downrange at those bastard pieces of paper. I should arrive around nineish okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is confirmed. I will be having an interview and photo shoot with the Chicago Tribune this Wed. I'll post up all about it, and when the story hits the internet I'll be posting links.
    @Jhon, any time is great my friend. I'll be up and waiting ;)

    ReplyDelete