Sunday, November 21, 2010

Making Choices

The worst thing about RSD is having to choose what you're willing to suffer for.  I remember when I didn't have to evaluate everything based on the suffering that would ensue after the event.  It really opens your eyes to what's important.
Last night I went to a local pub with my brother and his girlfriend.  What a fantastic time.  He won some decent cash based on my pics for the UFC fights, and it was great to spend time with the two of them.  But today...
Today may be a hospital day.  I've already dosed myself with narcotic, muscle relaxer, and supplements.  My stomach is flip flopping from all the pain, and I'm afraid to stop moving because I don't want to pass out.  Just stopping for the short time to type this up is causing me distress.
I was planning on spending a majority of the day working on my writing and music.  Music is out for today because I won't be able to hold a guitar unless things calm down, or I want to finalize the trip to the hospital.  So I'll spend some time writing and perhaps game a bit.
Things aren't moving as fast as I'd like on my other blog, Shear's Shorts, but they're progressing.  The link to that page is at the bottom of my blog.  Hopefully I've been able to get a few people interested who will follow me, and brought some new readers to my good friends...
Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. It gets harder to make the right choices in terms of what the pain imbalance can tolerate and you start to make really bad choices. Naturally this is when you start to have more fun in life but more pain in the downtime. I don't plan on living a long life - never have, so my overriding code has become , take more meds and keep going until there is no going. I do not advise this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've spent a few moments, since the advent of my pain, doing exactly that; going until there is no more going. I believe that, even with this well tailored advise, I'll continue to do such.
    We should be getting near our monthly get together...

    ReplyDelete