Friday, November 19, 2010

So Much To Say

Because I'm home all day, with nothing much to do, I've been investing my time in music, art, and writing.  I started a new blog for my work.  If anyone is interested there is a link at the bottom of the page, or you can click here.

Today is the wake for a young lance corporal who was killed overseas.  He was only 20 years old and left behind a wife, 19 years old, and a daughter of only a few months.  Tomorrow they will lay him to rest in a local cemetery.  I wish I knew him;  could thank him for having made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and safety.
In the near future I will be posting a link to a foundation, set up by the mother of another dead marine, that utilizes Build-A-Bear to give hope to the children who's parent is overseas.  They're setting it up so that the parent can record a message before they ship out, and then the organization gives the recording to the child to be placed in a bear.  I'll have an embedded video and links for those of you who are willing to make donations.

I've been teetering on the edge of needing to go to the hospital.  The pain gets to the point where I'm ready to pass out and then resides.  Coastal tides of nightmare pain.  I imagine it could be equated to that feeling of nausea that comes and goes when you're sick.  You simply want to be sick and done with it.  I simply want to black out and be shot up with liquid pain relief.
Thanks for taking the time to read my words, and I hope you'll take a few moments to enjoy my creative side.

No comments:

Post a Comment