Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Disabled veteran challenges VA rating system - dailypress.com

Disabled veteran challenges VA rating system - dailypress.com

This was the article I read last night, and it enraged me because I had been struggling for so long to get some notice and had been unsuccessful. What a fool I am.
I just spent the better part of a half hour speaking with Douglas Strand, and I think that together we may be able to start to make a difference. I've spent all morning dropping his name and article link to local and national news media; trying to get them to publish our story so no other veteran has to go homeless with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I remain optimistic that I will eventually get this to the ears of the nation, and until I draw my last breath, or the system changes, I will be fighting for those who served.
Please take the time to read the article linked above; post it in your myspace, your facebook, your blog. Spread this message to everyone. Scream with us so the world will hear. Tell others about the Marine who's lost his dependence and soon will lose his home. Tell them about Col. Strand and his painful journey going before the veterans commission. Tell our story!
I appreciate all your efforts, your compassion, your willingness to help make a change.
Thank you for reading!

Kev

3 comments:

  1. This makes me smile. I am thrilled you were able to get in contact with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now it's just a matter of coordinating our attack, and making the best out of our stories so others don't have to suffer...

    ReplyDelete