Monday, November 8, 2010

1 million hits...

  They claim she only has three weeks left to live.  She's undiagnosable.  They don't show any medical evidence that she's going to die.  Many people think she's just suffering from an iodine deficiency.  She suffers from constant pain like me; is trapped in her home like me.  She has a 20/20 spot on her suffering.  The video gets 1 million hits.
  I thought that I might be able to sponge off of all the attention.  I linked a new video montage I put together with my song "Through the Pain" playing in the background.  I posted on her blogspot page explaining my situation.  I offered her my condolences and asked that she may use some of the popularity to help make a change in veterans lives.  I offered myself for this girl to talk to.
  Today, all comments have been deleted from YouTube, video responses included.  My comment went completely ignored on her blogspot page.  Seems people would rather spend all their time focused on a disease that supposedly only affects 1/million people, and ignore the many veterans returning home injured.
  I don't understand.  If she truly only has 3 weeks to live, and is undiagnosable, isn't she going to die?  Wouldn't it be more appropriate to ask for prayer?  I honestly don't think she's going to die.  She may feel like she's dying, but I know that feeling, and I'm still here.
  My video has had 30 hits.  A situation that is fixable and people won't take the time.  Maybe it's because it is fixable and would require a lot of work.  People offer their help when they don't think they'll be taken up on it?
I realize this isn't the end all of methods to have my story heard, but I thought that perhaps a person already demonstrating compassion would lend a bit of it to the cause.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment