Saturday, December 11, 2010

Looking toward the future.

  I've informed the V.A. of my address countless times.  They still send my mail to my mother's house.  A letter came in this week, that they're going to be having a hearing in regards to my case.  I'm sending out an APB because I can have as many people testify as I want.  I figure, if we have enough people there, it will take a long time and I'll have a major pain attack on-site.  They'll have to rush me to the ER, and will have a very difficult time saying I shouldn't get benefits.  I'll post the exact dates, and perhaps send save the date cards...

  My pain is being managed better.  Still hurts, but I can get around a bit now without bursting into tears or passing out.  I'm becoming more tolerant of the narcotics.  I'm taking two pills most days now, and I've been talking with my doctor about moving to three on days I need a third.  I wish there was a non-narcotic medication we could switch to.  Switching between the two would decrease tolerance.  Unfortunately, I'm told, there isn't anything else they have at the V.A.

  The Marine Corps League came buy a couple days ago; dropped off two large bags of toys for Lincoln and Ashlynn.  I spent a good part of that day in tears.  Santa really did come for them this year...

I can't wait till I have my benefits and can do the same for another veteran...

13 comments:

  1. We'd love you to guest post on our blog. Bring back the light!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure. It'd be a pleasure. Did you want to use this post, or for me to make a new one specific for your site?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new one would be great. Introduce yourself and give us the positives... It might be hard but well worth it.
    Cheers

    You'll find our email on the blog and we'll copy and paste, kind regards
    Alex and Fernando
    http://www.web-of-life.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've sent you one through your site form.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ask about tramadol, aka ultram - it is my savior most days. Also, if there is anything I can help with the hearing let me know - I will do everything I can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be calling the hospital tomorrow to discuss these. And I'll keep you posted on the hearing dates and process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. let us know when that article comes out! i have a good friend with rsd, a veteran in florida. he's had a lot of experience with med management. would you like me to put you in touch with him? ~laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Laura. And Kevin, if there's anything I can do for the hearing, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Laura - that'd be great. We're trying to get an accurate listing of the number of veterans with RSD. Feel free to give him any of my info, or have him email me kmshear@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. @kap - I'm going to push for an internet setup for people to testify from all over the nation. I'm not sure if they'll run with it, but I'm going to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I'm grabbing at straws, but I just placed an order for Tadalafil which is supposed to increase blood flow and is used to treat Raynaud's syndrome which is similar to RSD. Phamicist said there would be no adverse reaction with other meds I'm taking. This is the drug with the generic name mycoxafloppin;) I'll let you know if it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. we wish we could do more for you Kevin
    Anna from MCL :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You gave my kids a Christmas Anna, and you've given me a group of like minded individuals to hang out with once a month. I feel like a marine again...

    ReplyDelete