Friday, December 17, 2010

Back to the ER

  I spent several hours at the ER last night.  I was at a Marnie Corps League meeting when my outbreak started, and by the end of the meeting I had to be carried out.  I even blacked out while trying to get into the van.  They gave me my injections of pain killers directly into the muscle and didn't run an IV.  Having them administered this way worked far better than through an IV.  They took a bit longer to kick in, but lasted far longer.  In the future I'm going to request this form of administration..
  Tonight I'm hurting.  We had to drive to the Milwaukee V.A. to pick up my medical records.  There must have been over 100 pages of information.  Hopefully I'll be able to comb through it and present supporting facts for my case.  I only wish that the V.F.W. would have been doing this.
  I started working on a new song, and hope to have it up on my poetry site by tomorrow evening.  I've been developing the songs to fit into a CD titled 'Just One Breath', and the song I'm working on will have that title.  It's, perhaps, the lightest song I've written, and it feels good to do something more uplifting.
  I was featured at Web of Life.  So please take a few minutes and read the post, and check out their site.  These gentleman have a genuine love of life and belief in positives.  I think you'll all find it an uplifting experience.

I wanted to tell you all how much I appreciate all the support you all have given my family.  I'm quite anxious about our upcoming eviction, but I'm trying to focus on how it can be a useful tool in ensuring future veterans with RSD don't have to experience this.  Regardless, I am feeling something I haven't felt in quite a while.  Love.
It feels good to tell my friends and family that I love them, and too few people do it.  I'm not sure if there's a reason for not saying it, but I'm going to say it anyway.

With love and respect,
Kevin Shear

1 comment: