Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Dust Settles

  So the dust has settled and I'm able to write again.  My family is safe and sound; gifted with parents who love us and took us in.  The Chicago Tribune article caused quite the ruckus, and I already have appointments for re-evaluation in a couple weeks.  Funny how it took months before, but now only takes a day or two...
  I plan on putting up all the ratings material from my case after the appointments and ratings letters arrive.  This can then be used for others in the military with RSD.  They can hand that in and use it as a template for how they'd like to be rated.  God willing, it will make their road an easier one to traverse than ours.  To all of you who have helped me with my cause, my sincerest thanks.
  The room I'm living in is providing me the capabilities to write, and record, my music because I can recline while recording and don't have to sit upright.  Sadly, my RSD seems to be spreading into my right arm and hand...
  My night terrors are getting worse, and I'm finding it harder to wake from them.  It's like being trapped in hell most nights.  Those dreams where you fall, and awake before you land...  I don't wake up and suffer the landing.  I have some medical appointments with a PTSD doctor to discuss these symptoms.  I pray they have an answer...

Wind blows.
Fire burns.
Water runs.
And the earth,
She's rising up,
To meet my feet.

Thank you for reading,

Kevin

3 comments:

  1. Kevin,
    This is my first time on your blog. I look forward to reading your other posts. I will pray that you will find relief from your night terrors...I can't imagine how that must take a toll on you.

    May God bless you with His peace.

    Many Blessings,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevin, it is also my first time on your blog. Your blog entry really touched me and I am praying that you will find peace at night and not suffer these terrible terrors.

    God bless and keep you save.

    Nelieta

    ReplyDelete
  3. To those of you just starting to read my story, welcome! I hope you can take something away from my ramblings that will help you, or help our causes.

    Jhon, I've got to keep using my arm and hand as much as possible, hopefully I'll get some quick treatment and it will halt the spread, but it won't happen if I don't keep working the arm.
    I'm very excited about Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete