Friday, January 14, 2011

One More Time, With Feeling

  So, for those of you who haven't heard yet, I spent the majority of Wednesday in the ER, and the majority of yesterday trying to recover.  Today is a new day, and I plan on making the most of it; the most of what my pain will let me.
  The ER visit was a 'new' one.  We were headed to the Milwaukee V.A. for an appointment anyway, so I just spent an hour, passing out here and there, in the car to get to the ER versus twenty minutes.  The doctor was great, taking detailed notes and switching me from morphine to dalauted and valium.  I was there for six hours, and they kept coming in every hour or so to shoot me up with more pain killers.  I wish I was closer to the Milwaukee clinic so I could go there for all my ER visits.  They really have a remarkable staff and facility there, and I would highly recommend anyone to go there vise anywhere else.
  Yesterday I felt like I'd been hit by a truck.  My heart rate in the ER was in excess of 170 beats per minute when I arrived.  My leg still feels like I'd been breaking boards with my thigh, foot, and calf.  The prescribed muscle relaxers aren't helping much either.  My muscles are still very knotted up and firing at odd times.  I'm surprised nothing broke mid trip.

  Today is a new day, and I plan to take full advantage of what my body will let me.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you amaze me at how positive you remain through everything and how you turn every possible obstacle into an opportunity. I hope you are feeling much better today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it we don't allow this to stop us? We fight the limitations we fight the depression and keep going. You, who are in a worse place than I, are my hero. I love you, brother, keep fighting - and when you can't I will carry you for you aren't heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your courage is what keeps me going :)
    Semper Fi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. I may need a little carrying here soon Jhon. ;)

    ReplyDelete