Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wicked Dreams

  Yesterday evening we spent in good company.  Children doodled, smiled, ate, and talked excitedly while we grown ups talked about many things.   One of the conversations I enjoyed was about Jhon's book, 'Hands on the Hips', which is a must have for any poetry enthusiast, lover of good writing, or people looking for something new to discover.  We also discussed our current reads and his future works to come. I honestly can't wait to get my hands on his next collection.  From our family to yours, Jhon, our sincerest thanks for a wonderful evening.

  For the last few weeks I've been having these terrible dreams from which I can't escape.  I know I'm dreaming, and I can't wake up.  They're terrifying dreams where my leg and arm are being destroyed by one thing or another, and I honestly don't want to close my eyes.  Some mornings I don't even know if I'm awake, or still dreaming...
  I feel like I'm coming unraveled...

  Today I'm going to try to add some new songs to my growing list.  If you're interested in taking a listen you can find them on my SoundClick page or on my FaceBook page.  Hopefully I'll have two new songs up by the end of the week.  At least that's my goal.  And to keep writing, a little bit every day.
  There's a meeting of the Illinois RSDS Association, but I'm unsure that I'll even be able to make it today.  The pain in my leg is horrendous, and my arm is swollen and throbbing.

  In the near future I'll hopefully be getting another free art lesson from my good friend Scott Little.  He's a freelance artist in the Crystal Lake area, and he's VERY good.  I'm also highly anticipating another couple lessons on poetry from Jhon.  I couldn't be more fortunate when it comes to the incredible people in my life who are helping me.  God bless all of you.

Thank you for reading,

Kev

3 comments:

  1. We were happy to be in your family's company. Amy and Lincoln are great and you seemed so on.
    I wish I had good advice on the dreams, I don't - I rarely have good dreams, last night I did and I posted about it - that's how exciting it was! Mostly nightmares fuel my sleep, even before the pain killers, which only served to make them worse as pain killers are wont to do, which also makes waking harder as you experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was once told that to stop the nightmares you have to face the fear.

    That's all very well for someone if they understand what the fear is or the message your subconscious is trying to tell you but we aren't always that lucky. I know I'm not!

    I do hope that the focus you are giving yourself with the art, music, etc will help to bring you some kind of peace and serenity at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish it was just fear that caused my nightmares, but it's very real pain invading my most sacred of places. It also doesn't help that I'm on a medication that causes nightmares, the combination is fairly abhorrent...

    ReplyDelete